1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota celebrates 10 Years of Prius with free carwashes; Missed mine

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Toyota recently took to the streets of Santa Monica to give any Prius they could find an impromptu carwash as a way of saying "Thanks" and to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Prius. The people in the video below seem pretty happy to be getting a free carwash, though I don't see any glimpses of "Prius Team" members Doug or Erica in the clips doing the dirty work. I just went out and checked my car: Nope, it didn't get cleaned while I wasn't looking. From the video description:
    For the 10-Year Prius Anniversary Celebration, we decided to thank our loyal Prius owners with impromptu carwashes. We took to the Santa Monica streets bright and early with a car washing crew and two Prius Plug-ins. Once we washed the cars, with minimal water and eco-friendly soaps of course, we were off scouting for our next drive-by. Pretty much anywhere we looked we found Prius and their owners ready to celebrate with us. Thanks to everyone who participated. We hope you had as much fun as we did.

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Pretty misleading. You made it sound like Toyota was actually giving Priuses a free car wash. But actually it's just limited to Santa Monica, plus they had to find you.

[​IMG]

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It makes for a great video. I thought it was pretty cool.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Now that is the kind of simple PR I appreciate.

5. caffeinekid

caffeinekid Duct Tape Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And this is the kind "I" appreciate (nice Prius) :cool: