1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota client relations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Three60guy, Jan 10, 2006.

1. EricGo

EricGo New Member

If this bugs you a lot, Toyota wants to know. I would just avoid a confrontational posture as in 'change it or lose sales'.

Better might be along the lines of 'my pleasure in owning this car is lessened by ... "

2. slortz

slortz New Member

Three60guy, I salute you. That is awesome! I am eagerly awaiting the updates.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There is a way to override the speed autoshutdown. It's posted on this forum and could probably be found peppered throughout the internet; just search for it. It works until you shut the car down and then you'll have to do it again. It's fast and simple and practically required if you're driving on the interstate and youor your passenger decides to work with the NAV. If you're interested or haven't gotten by the, I'll show you at the next meetup.

4. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It does not work for the 2006 models.

5. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Ericgo,

I agree with you entirely. I am merely stating an opinion, backed up by many comments I have read in multiple forums. I do not need to use a confrontational posture at all. I merely need to be informative and positive with the reasons for my approach. And all the while keeping everyone informed. That is what the press does everyday and is the basis for good journalism.

Cheers

6. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I thought I would let all of you know that there have been no updates for me to report from Toyota.

But.....

The main reason is I have been a little laid up. Today I had arthroscopy surgery on my knee. So, while I had hoped to get some feedback from Mr. McHale today, I was in surgery instead. I couldn't believe how fast our hospital/doctor made this surgery available to me. I had to take them up on their offer as my knee was really giving me problems. Monday, I have to go to the doctor and rehab. Once back I will call and see if I missed any calls.

I wont let this one die. Too many want this and I think we deserve it.

7. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Got this email today (Friday January 20, 2006):

Good afternoon,
    My apologies for the delay. Please indulge me a little longer as I am still researching your complaint. I have turned the issue over to our Customer Relations office located in our headquarters office in California to complete researching. You can expect to be contacted by a representative from that office Monday or Tuesday next week. Let me know via email or a phone call if you do not recieve this call. Again, I apologize for the delay, but I want to be sure the issue is researched completely in order to get an accurate response for you. Have a pleasant day.
    Jim McHale
    Chicago Region
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

8. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you ever have an accident while fiddling with the unlocked GPS you will tell us, right? :_>

10. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The purpose of unlocking it would be to allow whoever is in the passenger seat to operate the Nav. I agree with you, Richard, that it is more risky to operate it as the driver. But please do not assume that is what I would be doing. When on trips with my wife, we trade off between being the driver and navigator.

Cheers.