1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota.com/owners

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Mark57, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an interesting thing happen today. I sold my 2010 Prius back in September just before I got my Prime. The day I sold it, I removed it from my profile on the Toyota Owners web site. Today, I get an email from the local dealership (that I originally bought it from) that the service work done on my 2010 Prius is finished and I can pick it up. OK . . . . , so I contact the service manager and yes, they recorded the person's name on the ticket that brought the car in, but they still had my name and email address listed on the vehicle. I asked him if the Toyota owners site info didn't trickle down to the dealer. He said no. If you sell your vehicle, be sure to notify the dealer you bought if from. What the heck?

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Many times on this site I have reminded folks that the dealer is an independent franchisee of Toyota, not part of the corporation. This seems to be another example.

Data Daedalus and Mark57 like this.
  3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know how many owner databases exist but I still get the occasional recall reminder for the 2006 Prius that was totaled in 2009.

A computer never forgets.

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought recalls worked based on state vehicle registration databases.

At least, that is what Toyota sold me early last year when I wanted to file an address change and was concerned about my Corolla air bag recall.

#4 Prodigyplace, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I suppose I was surprised since out of all the new vehicles I've owned and sold since the 70's, this was a first. Many different dealers.

6. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I get phone calls about my warranty being expired and I "need" their extended warranty. I go on to tell them I no longer have that car and they ask "oh?" "what are you driving now?" That's when I hang up and promptly go to my Google voice website and block their number.

Mark57 likes this.
  7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those are just third party companies that bought an old list. I still get snail mail for offers for a refrigerator I scrapped several years ago. In fact, I scrapped its successor over a year ago.

8. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    yup, that too! Into file 13 for those:p

Data Daedalus and Prodigyplace like this.
  9. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You should let them go on with their spiel and tell them you are interested in purchasing the warranty. Then just when they ask for your credit card number say to them "Does it matter if I don't own the car anymore, actually I'm not sure who owns it now". I'll bet they will have no idea what to do and will have to get their supervisor, then you can have the same fun with the supervisor, telling them you still feel somewhat responsible for the car and you would hate to see the current owner have to pay for repairs.

#9 Since2002, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017