1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota confirms Prius-derived wagon; 2009 Prius to increase in size

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 6, 2007.

1. slrobtx

slrobtx New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John Ford @ Nov 9 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]537545[/snapback]</div>
    I'll second the requests for a little coupe and a telescoping steering wheel! :D

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mingoglia @ Nov 5 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]535358[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Nov 6 2007, 02:12 AM) [snapback]535383[/snapback]</div>
    SIX? <_<
    Two times three is six. ;)

And just what is Toyota really saying when they say, "comfortably accommodate three adults in the back seat"? :huh:
    The current Prius already accommodates three adults comfortably in the back seat.

Oh, now I get it . . . they're talking about accommodating three fat American adults in the back seat.

OH NO!!!!!
    In that case, it will need to be a Prius SUV. :(

3. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That's not good news.

Every new Toyota is bigger, heavier, more powerful, and less fuel efficient than the model it replaces.

The Highlander, Scion xD/xB, Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra, and several others. And now the Prius? Can't they leave anything alone?

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    AH, SPE, you beat me to it... the running total now is something like:

1x2x3x2x4x5x6x7x8 = 80,640.

I guess Toyota has better pay attention to this thread because that's a pretty big market!

Personally, I think the existing Prius is wagon/estate-like enough. Mine replaced a Camry wagon, and I can honestly say that I don't really miss the Camry. It was a great car, but the Prius is better, with only a little less cargo space.

I'd multiply my vote into the group calling for both a smaller (coupe) hybrid and a larger, minivan hybrid. I think those two in conjunction with the Prius would cover the needs of most. Then Toyota can drop all its other lines ;)

5. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    AWESOME!!!!!! My paartnet will get the 2009 prius and I will eventually trade in my 07 for the wagon, or a minivan , I have always had a thing or vans I love how the Sienna looks and thought the Previa was pretty cool too.

Go TOYOTA!!!

6. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

I'd also like the Prius to stay the same size rather than get bigger. If they want to make another size then they should try smaller. I would have bought a two-seater if they made one. I seriously considered the Honda Insight for that reason.

7. mcouture

mcouture New Member

Make the Prius bigger.....no

Take the Prius' technology and put it into the Camary if you need/want a bigger vehicle....like me.

8. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You know, the current gen Prius was an increase in size from the first/second gen cars. At the same time they improved fuel efficiency. Without making that change I would never have bought a Prius. A slight increase in width, along with another improvement in efficiency would be great.