1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Dash Cam - Add Rear Camera?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by Larry Kay, May 5, 2023.

1. Larry Kay

Larry Kay New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    As part of my dealer's markup, they are installing the Toyota integrated dash cam (along with 'Finishing Touch" paint protection). Anyone know if I can add a rear camera to the unit or feed the factory backup camera video to it? My last option would be to add a separate dash cam and just point it thru the back windshield.

TIA
    Larry

dbat23 likes this.
  2. priusdriver223

priusdriver223 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Hey there, quite late but, I have been thinking about installing a rear dashcam for a digital mirror setup. As far as I know, there is no way of hooking up the factory rear camera to that dashcam. Cheers!

3. Wieland

Wieland New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Just picked up my 24 Prime XSE and it has a dashcam. The dealship didn't mention it at all ... so I am just learning it is not a Toyota option. My car had 3 miles on it ... Is it possible that somebody could have bought the car and installed that and then returned it? Probably not with 3 miles so ... what is the deal? Happy to have it but no idea how it works.

4. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Toyota does have a port installed dash cam. It could be that.

Check out the following page to see if that's what you have:
    2023-2024 Toyota Genuine Toyota (2022 + Tundra) (2023 + Sequoia) 2024 + Grand Highlander Dashcam Dash Camera PT949-34222 | Elmhurst Toyota Parts

It will look very similar to that except on the passenger side of the rearview mirror.

Wieland likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Or they had it installed, then had cold-feet, it never left the dealership. If it's ever been sold I think they're legally required to disclose it. The warranty would have started, for one thing.