1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota dealer experience

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Mrpcar, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Can't speak for other dealers since my last Toyota ownership was 23 years ago.

Recently I had to take my Prius in to get an alignment (lowering springs), and the experience was absolutely wonderful. Made the appointment on line using their web site, booked the specific time I wanted to go in. First was greeted by a gang of greeters, then the service adviser, they got me in and out all in a very friendly and professional manner. Up to par and better than most all the European car dealers with cars costing 3x more.

Just was amazed at how much have changed, and I am very impressed.

The dealer I went was Puente Hills Toyota.

2. N.J.PRIUS

N.J.PRIUS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I could not agree more, recently had my Prius serviced. Everything went like clockwork. Very professional, no upsells, vehicle was washed when done. They even had a courtesy Sienna take me to work in the next town. Very impressed. Work was done very well.

3. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice to hear good news about dealer, glad u have one out there.

4. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh yeah, they washed my car too :)

5. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm jealous of you guys and the good service you get. I just broke 30k on mine last week so had it into the dealer today. Since free maintenance is over and I can do the tires, air filters, etc on my own, I scheduled just a standard oil change, usually $29.95. When I check in and verify the price, they say no, it's $59 for the full service, equates to the 30k. They explain that they no longer just do oil changes and that tire rotation, inspections, etc are included free in this now-$59 oil change. I took it anyway, still a good thing to have done, but I will call around Monday to see if this is a new Toyota practice.
    They washed mine too but I had to complain again that the techs do the oil and tires, then afterward they check the cabin filter and drive the car around, with the super light colored interior, without obviously cleaning their hands. I think I'm just going to go back to doing all my own maintenance again.

6. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Still a good deal. BMW oil change $185, Ferrari $800. Just put that in perspective...

7. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh Crap! I guess it's proportional to the price of the car. No more complaints from me;-)

8. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And one time the BMW dealer gave me a Chevy HTT or whatever you call it as a loaner, one of them PT cruiser looking things. It was the ugliest car I've ever seen! As expected I didn't give the service experience a very good review afterwards, they haven't tried to stiff me with one of them ugly things ever since.

9. N.J.PRIUS

N.J.PRIUS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Always check the Toyota dealer website for service specials before getting your service. Most always you will see 10-15% savings coupon. In addition to this, the last time I went I was given a $10. duncan doughnuts card promo! A nice touch.

Mrpcar likes this.
  10. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When we purchased our 2013 the dealer told us all of the service for 3 years I think is all free. First oil change is set at 5000 miles, which I thought was refreshing because all the free dealer service for European cars don't kick in until the car is at 10,000+ miles.

11. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got stuck renting a Chevy HHR years ago on a business trip. It was purple, we called it the Clown car! Never again.

I will definitely check for coupons. After thinking on it, I realize It's still a win, I did my last car, a Corolla, every 5k on my own for $30 in parts. Now the Prius every 10k with more services for $59 and I don't have to crawl under it. Hmm...