1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Dealer in Monroe Mi sucks

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by xerox6135, Apr 9, 2013.

1. xerox6135

xerox6135 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I took my C in for 15,000 mile service tire rotation. Also stated the fuel gauge never goes to full anymore and I had a vibration in the front end. I got the car back (which I marked the tires) and you guess it they did not do anything and yes the paper work stated they did ,was told they had no idea what was wrong with fuel gauge and all of the prius c had a vibration in front end. So they claimed they open a case with Toyota to see if anyone else was having this problem. Wow if this is what owning a Toyota is all about I have owned my first last and only man what a disappointment Elite Toyota in Monroe Michigan shame on you .

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, i would be very disappointed if my car exhibited those problems and the dealer couldn't do anything. i hope you get a satisfying response from toyota, they are usually very good.

3. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Try another dealer

ztanos likes this.
  4. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I got the same thing for my first 5000 miles service in Huntington Beach, Orange County CA. My next service is closed and don't know which one to trust.

As I mentioned before on my other thread we should have a sticky for the trusted dealers around so members here can benefit from it.

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sometimes it can be hard to find a trustworthy dealer. They aren't required to do anything above and beyond "in the name of Toyota." They are only required to pretend that they did it and then take your money. Stealerships are independent of Manufacturers, but this is the way across the board.

6. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    All Cs have a vibration in the front end? Mine must be defective, it does not vibrate in any way.

carolD and CMJAnew like this.
  7. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    RocMills.
    I would not drive it until u get a stealer to look at it. Lol

RocMills and ztanos like this.
  8. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I guess that the Canadian C's are defective too. No vibrations here except the good vibrations

RocMills, ztanos and citroenjohn like this.
  9. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd talk to the dealer management and then Toyota if need be. No pun intended, but, the squeaky wheel gets the attention. When you bought the car you were to receive certain maintenance for free as part of the price. You didn't (tire rotation); and someone in the chain of command would surely like to know. My MI C2 also does not have the optional front end vibration and I'm quite happy without it.

RocMills likes this.
  10. xerox6135

xerox6135 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Took the C to Jim White Toyota and they found problem with fuel gauge the fuel gauge board is bad Toyota is having a lot of problems with 1st gen Prius c fuel gauges most fail showing a 1/4 tank when really tank is empty so I am lucky. Front end vibration tires out of balance. I will always use Jim White Toyota for service great place

carolD likes this.
  11. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Interesting about the gas gauge. I will look into this on my next visit to my dealer. Mine hasn't shown a full tank since about the sixth fill up.

12. maddog61

maddog61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No front vibrations either....I have original tires on alloys and winter tires on steel rims. The summers tires were just rotated and still smooth sailing. Fuel gauge still working . Sounds like u may have lost a weight on one wheel ,also Toyota rims can be hard to balance.........