1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Dealer on HV Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ThatOddMan, Apr 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ThatOddMan

ThatOddMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had nothing to do so I emailed a Toyota dealership's part department to get the part number of the HV battery assembly for my PiP. So I have some estimate on the amount that I need to have.

Here is part of the email,

Upon looking up the part with your VIN, we found out that at the moment there is a stop sale for that hybrid battery from toyota. So what that means is that the part is not available for purchase at the moment. We also looked to see if we can get individual stacks to replace the main battery components, but even that is out of the picture. I was not able to get a price either. As of right now there is no ETA for the part to be available. We apologize for the inconvinience.

Not sure if I need to be worried somewhere down the road. :unsure::(

QuantumFireball and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hopefully a salvage would be available. otherwise, it makes a fine boat anchor (y)

3. Madmommymelinda

Madmommymelinda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lol I'm sure we can come up with some feasible solution

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Indeed. I wouldn’t read too much into the answer to a hypothetical question; if the stack sub-assemblies (see this previous thread) were needed to repair a specific vehicle, the answer from Toyota might be different.

There were about 43,000 Prius Plug-in (ZVW35) cars sold in the U.S. and Canada, and it would surprise me if Toyota were to choose not to support their owners with replacement HV batteries.

5. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I suspect the answer would be different if the traction battery had actually failed, as it would be a different scenario to what I guess would be considered a parts shop "sale" above.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed. the answer would probably be: there aren't any in n/a, and it will take about 3 months to get one from japan.
    and no loaner for you.

ThatOddMan likes this.