1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota drivers suing in US for a full refund

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by PriusLewis, Mar 16, 2010.

1. lemonade

lemonade New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not a troll, I'm new. Would it be better if I had 1111111 posts? So far everybody has been pleasant except you and I thought I'd made it plain I was looking for information not a lawsuit.

At the time, it did not occur to me to report anything to the NHTSA, so no. I am not a car hobbyist and only found out they existed from this forum. At the time, I had never even heard of SUA.

So I am waiting to find out what the dealer finds, and actually found a few more things tonight that I'm going to call and ask them about tomorrow. I'm not suing Toyota, I'm not suing the dealer, I just want to know if my car has something fixable that Toyota has not been frank about. If you actually read what I wrote, you would have seen that.

And I don't need to be "hounded" off of a forum. Once the issue is over with my Prius, I will probably quietly drift away back to my RL, with maybe an occasional visit back if it turns out the car actually is a safe car. Are you this mean to everybody, or is this an initiation rite?

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think you should focus on my statement wishing you well in getting your car sorted out.

If you read the threads on this forum about sudden acceleration, the dominant theme is that it is a figment of the imagination of the people who are reporting experiencing it. Hence my comment about whether you would be hounded off the forum.

In any event, as I have said already, I do hope you get your car sorted out.

3. Duffer

Duffer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Even you can be taken out of context apriusfan. The problem with taking these reports seriously without verification by investigation is that people love to lie. This is the Internet for goodness sakes, we can say and do almost anything. Heck, I am in my Prius right now and it is accelerating out of control! Do you have my back man?

4. Radiant

Radiant New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Me too, let's get a group together and sue...

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hummmm, I'm thinking:

1. Toyota will buy back the vehicle at 90% of Kelly Blue Book, wholesale value pending inspection for damage.
    2. Owner will agree not to buy a Toyota vehicle during payment interval.
    3. Toyota will pay 20% of the price each year over 5 years and should the owner buy another Toyota vehicle, keep the remaining amount and bill the customer for the amount already paid.
    Yes, you can get your vehicle bought back by Toyota but are forbidden to buy another Toyota for 10 years. ... Seems like a fair deal to me.

ADVANTAGE

1. Litigation ends instantly with the program announcement. There is no 33% lawyer tax and 100% lawyer overhead fees.
    2. Difficult customers are sent to Toyota's 'honorable competition.'
    3. Toyota gets inventory of used Toyota vehicles to resell for a profit.
    DISADVANTAGE

1. Class action lawyers lose it.
    2. Other car makers get a bunch of 'problem' customers
    3. The rest of the Earth gets more new Toyotas until the USA shifts the rubble about
    Yes, I know it is impractical but we can dream.

Bob Wilson

6. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Have you hooked up a data log (Scan Gauge)? You will need it to prove you aren't scamming Toyota. I am but one lone voice.