1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Entune App Suite | Third-Party Applications Products & Support Update

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by hyojiggy, Sep 19, 2018.

1. hyojiggy

hyojiggy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    did anyone else get this?!

got an email from them.... am I the only one who's upset regarding their Entune system? and now they do this?

Dear Toyota Owner,

Thank you for being a Toyota Entune™ App Suite customer.

As technology and markets change, third-party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On November 13th, 2018, a multimedia system update will appear on your vehicle display. After completion, Pandora®, OpenTable®, and Facebook Places will no longer be available in Entune™ App Suite, as these products and services will no longer be supported by the third-party application providers.

In your Toyota, you can still enjoy Pandora and other popular music applications via Bluetooth or USB connection. For your device's compatibility and pairing instruction, please visit Toyota.com/entune.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331 Monday - Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, or Saturday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Time.

Sincerely,

Toyota Entune Customer Support

2. GadgetVirtuoso

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    To be honest the Entune system sucks and it's better to cut it out if they can't make it work well. With smartphone penetration at these levels, there's little reason to keep Entune around when the consumer can get a much better experience by simply using Bluetooth from their device of choice. Carplay is far superior to Entune and while it doesn't work with Android, even Android Auto with an aftermarket stereo would be a much better option for Toyota. None of the car manufacturers have ever done car stereos very well. I'm glad they are finally moving away from shoving their crappy systems down people's throats and letting other options come to their OEM units.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, there are 4 or 5 threads here already.

4. hyojiggy

hyojiggy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    i've been disappointed at the system since like day 5 i got the car... and i've been asking them to fix this, fix that, they can't fix ANYTHING. they always said "we appreciate your input and get this escalated!"

paid for crap system

but yea... those buttholes....

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, some of us have been disappointed for 8 years, to say the least. we put up with it for the fantastic mileage, but we don't have to like it.:unsure:

utsug likes this.
  6. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Entune is useless!

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and now tuneless. just 'en'

krmcg likes this.
  8. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got the car a year and a half before I got my iPhone. After I installed it, I wondered what the big deal was. It's useless. I run all the audio apps directly from my pone. I wish my car had Appleplay.