1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Extended Warranty is it worth it for a 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by EdyJun, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have the extended platinum warranty for my Prius. I was gonna bring it in to the Toyota delarship today to check out the creaking sounds I'm getting in the front and rear seat. The service guy told me that there might be charges for the diagnostic tests???

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Geez, that's when I start changing mechanics. Car Dealers need to understand if you treat people fairly they will follow you to the end of the earth. The 2 most prized realtionships in the world are a good Doctor and a Good Mechanic.

3. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    that's the lamest thing I heard, cause when I had my nissan 350z, I just had the basic extended warranty, I had some problem with the rims, and everything was replaced, service fee, everything was free.

I bring my Prius in to Toyota for the warping problem cause I didn't know about it until it broke and I did some research, they wanted to charge me $400 for that part + labour fee, and now I want to bring my PRius in for the creaking sounds and they are telling me that there might be diagnostic fees.

I hate Toyota Canada !!!! I wish I could just bring it to Toyota in the states for service from now on ><

4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is there another Toyota dealer near you ? If so go there and see if your treated better.

5. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Dealers are there to make money. They never care about their customers. They will sell you an extended warranty at a HUGE profit and do what ever it takes to make extra money when your car needs fixed.

6. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    so lame ><

7. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So very true!!! I take it you are a dealer. We all hate your games.

8. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i'm not a dealer, lol

9. NYCnowAZ

NYCnowAZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just bought a 2010 today with 20K miles for 17,400 that was off a lease in Santa Monica, CA but found its way to a Tucson dealer. I called Santa Monica Toyota and they were awesome in telling me the history of the car (oil changes at 6K, etc., basic maintenance). Thanks to this forum when the manager started with "you need this extended service plan" for $1,200 I said "thanks, but no thanks". He went on to say that he would never recommend NOT getting one for a car like this as belts are quite expensive and it was a now or never opportunity. I know like most things in life it's a crapshoot and could come back to bite me, but after reading here about the overall reliability of a Prius (never owned a Toyota before) I'll take my chances. Thanks for the informative posts.

10. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Good for you!

Too bad you did not politely ask him to show you the belts in question (there are none). LOL

NYCnowAZ likes this.