1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota facing the scale down of 06 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Three60guy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II

Its interesting that the domain name is registered as follows:

Registrant:
    Chojirose Hirose
    167 Pulidod Rd
    Danville, CA 95426
    US

Domain name: TOYOTAVEHICLE.COM

2. kdmorse

kdmorse Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Damn you internet - now you've gotten me all worried.

Last Friday (20th) I was told my car had been unloaded, and was in NY. This week however, eveyone seems far less certain. They based their estimates on when my car would be ready not on anything they looked up, but soley on the fact that I told THEM my car was in the states. Is my car caught up in any sort of delay, is this rumored delay real, does it effect the east coast at all, where might my card be now? All questions met with fairly blank stares.

Now who knows, my car could show up tomorrow morning. However these salesmen really, *really* need to learn how to inspire confidence in their customers, as all they're doing is worrying me that there's a problem they're not telling me about, or don't even know about.

-Ken

3. jpeachman

jpeachman Junior Member

I'm not sure what's so interesting...that's Fremont Toyota Sales Manager C. Rickey Hirose, the OP of that PriusOnline thread. So he has his own domain. He's a Toyota Sales Manager, so choosing a domain name like that ties in with his work. Are you suggesting there's something odd or nefarious about that?

Joe

4. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

My point exactly (without the Whois research!)

5. xcea

xcea New Member

It would be hard to believe that this is some type of shipping problem, more like a major production retooling. If we could look at the entire country I wonder how many prius are arriving a week now Vs last year. A little allocation juggling and it may be hard to perceive an enormous reduction, to total stop, in production. Just send a few extras here and there and cut off everyone else.