1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota has to catch GM in '06 or '07

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Jan 8, 2006.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

no, this is my second Toyota and I had no problem with my Prius nor my Corolla that had 273,000 miles when I got rid of it.

EDIT: I am sorry, a door handle on my Corolla broke at around 175,000 miles. Went to the dealer and the sales guy just gave me one and personally replaced it and apologized.

2. jeneric

jeneric New Member

'because the consumer won't pay the extra price of fair working conditions?

3. popsrcr

popsrcr New Member

You notice my join date, no? I have read many of his posts. And, *again* no I do not agree with him always.

Any car can suck, any car can be good. Rarely is there universal suck.
    And why is "stirring controversy" an issue? Isn't that what discussion boards are good for? Do you only want your back patted? I don't think so, but...

I'll buy a car from anyone that makes one I like. :)

4. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The product is not inferior. Are some Toyotas better than some GM, of course, but in many cases the opposite is now true. You answered my question about your ownership experiences with toyotas, when did you own your Taurus and Pontiac? You seem to blame GM for the country sinking? HAve they made some bad decisions over the years, absolutely, but there are forces at work in this economic mess that are far greater than GM nad/or Ford. I bought a box of nail over the weekend from Home Depot, the box of nails cam from China(I looked for American-made nails but there were none). Do you really believe a box of nails can be made cheaper in China and shipped thousands of miles in a boat which burns fuel by the ton and be cheaper thatn nails made in the US? Not a chance, somewhere along the line the Chinese govt has to be underwriting the cost. If it was just nails it is not that big of a thing, but multiplied throughout our economy it is a huge problem that is largely ignored by our government and media.

I am assuming Home Depot made the decision to carry Chinese nails based on price.

5. slortz

slortz New Member

Too bad there isn't a NailChat.com website you can go to, malorn. :p

6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks for the good laugh! :lol: I can't seem to find nailchat or hammerchat but i will keep looking!

7. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Stop feeding the trolls and maybe they will go away!!!!

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    GM has just lowered thier prices!

my guess its their liquidation sale before they go bankrupt!

9. benighted

benighted New Member

My 2000 Pontiac Sunfire was awesome... until it started falling apart at 80,000 miles