1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Hybrid Concept - What Are You Expecting?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 7, 2010.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yea, the release teaser shot has a Toyota badge with blue glow indicating a Toyota hybrid.

2. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hrm, can we play this game too? I suppose that wouldn't be fair since we've already seen the concept vehicle.

The 3 day countdown is on. It's been great reading all of the community's thoughts on this concept. We can't wait to see your reactions to the reveal on Monday. Tune in around 10am EST for the reveal in Detroit and I'm sure Danny will have some great info to post around that time.

Later that day, you should be able to view a feed of the reveal on toyotanewsroom.com.

Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn, Prius Product Marketing, Toyota USA

1 person likes this.
  3. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's a Scion hybrid, then it appears that TMSUSA lost its bid to bring all the hybrids under a single Prius banner in N America.

We appear to be going to the 'hybrid option for each model' that was originally announced back around 1898 I think...:D.

This small car segment is heating up...
    • for those that haven't seen it take a gander at the new FordTouch GUI that was just intro'd at the CES. Wowsa..Tons of Screen Shots: MyFord Touch - GM Inside News Forum
    • the Chevy Cruze ( Corolla competitor ) due here in the Fall is expected to have its top fuel efficient model, XFE, hit 41 mpg Highway.
    • the Ford Fiesta from Europe ( Yaris/Scion competitor ) is expected to have its DI model also get a 41 mpg Highway rating.
    • now Toyota brings out its small car fighter @ 41 to ??? mpg. Combined??? Ouch to the other two.

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i also expect more exciting color choices...

5. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have a flight that leaves at 11:20am on Monday. I'll probably be on my iPhone in the airport terminal trying to grab any info I can. :D

Thank you for announcing that the event will occur at ~10am. :)

6. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i would like a prius with awd