1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota iPod integration coming to US?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mondelicious, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mondelicious

mondelicious New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I came across this a little while ago:

http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/07/05/18/to...od.kit.to.ship/

It links to a news item which focuses on the agency that landed the ad campaign, offering little additional info. There is a comment, though, under that item which states the price will be over 200 Euro.

I have come close to pulling the trigger on Vais or Dice, but I may wait to scope out the capabilities of a Toyota-branded integration kit.

Has anyone heard any news about the availability of this kit in the US? Pricing?

My FM adapter is really getting on my last nerve, lately.

2. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Could not open your site, but found it on internet. This will be what I am looking for. Sounds great and is going to be a Toyota accessory. I can't find a availably date.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom 6850 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:30 AM) [snapback]468696[/snapback]</div>

That's because it's not going to be made available in the US.

4. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Apple's licensing of iPod specific integration is very expensive for the OEM's. I think Toyota was smart by going to agnostic route and just providing an auxillary input plug. That way, you can use any device and they don't have to pay Apple any licensing fees.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's available in Canada for a cool Cdn$300 ish. The Dice was half the price and had AUX Input.

6. snaproll

snaproll Junior Member

7. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Junior Member

Looks the same to me too, I would guess that the same manufacturer built both, or at least the housing, question is if installed by a dealer is it covered under your bumper to bumper warrenty? I personally will never own an ipod but since its 50% of all audio questions I feel the need to pipe up, hehe.

8. mondelicious

mondelicious New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for the additional info, snaproll.

I don't have an aux in on my Prius, so I figured if I am going to have to install something I might as well make it as useful as possible.

I had high hopes for the Coastal solution, but the technical requirements leave me out. I have a 3G iPod (pre-click wheel) and it's not Windows formatted. Oh well.

Do any of the other available solutions provide MFD browsing by genre/album/artist?

There seems to be a lot of discussion of installation but not much about the actual user experience with Dice and Vais.

9. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mondelicious @ Jul 1 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]471176[/snapback]</div>

The DICE will work with your 3rd gen, but you won't have the ability to fast-forward or rewind from the headunit, and when you stop the car it won't stop itself, you'll have to stop it manually or risk draining the battery on the iPod. The DICE will allow you to browse by playlist, song, and album.

10. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A