1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota is comparing the Prius PHV to the Chevy Volt

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Apr 2, 2012.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Most people do not want to buy a plug-in.

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Tracksyde,

The text says 33 kwh/100 miles, while the graphic says 16 kwh/100 miles. The graphic is almost certainly wrong.

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's messed up. Most likely GM is including electric mile in the MPG calculation and the gas miles in the kWh/100mi calculation. His Jan-March report said he got 31-33kWh/100mi.

The question of lifetime kWh and gallons consumed remains... I wish GM provides basic data such as kWh, gallon, EV mile, HV mile and # of charges... instead of over-inflating the MPG and kWh/100mi. That's just an insult to the Volt owner's intelligence.

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Text is the current month. The graphic is lifetime.

5. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Actually, I think lots of people want to buy a plug-in. Problem is, the buy-in price is a bit high for people's tastes, even with the incentive. And that is not counting the Charger, and the recommendation for people to have a garage to get the most out of the charger and the lack of infrastructure to really make the EV type cars seem like a practical buy at this time. Even with the Volt having a Gas ICE range extender, I think most still feel like the price and the lack of infrastructure is what is holding back a lot of people.

I know I am one who was not satisfied with the lack of infrastructure and the price, as well as just the car design did not appeal to me at the time nor the interior.

6. Jeff N

Jeff N The answer is 0042

Vehicle:
    2011 Chevy Volt
    On the other hand, as far as I know neither Nissan or Toyota have 3rd party sites which can download and display LEAF or PiP (advanced trim model) efficiency data captured through their telematics systems. GM is actively developing a new more complete web API.

1 person likes this.