1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota May Adjust US Prius Allocation

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tempus, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?por...t_code=07665061

U.S. dealers hoping Toyota will increase Prius hybrid allocation
    By JAMES B. TREECE | Automotive News

TOKYO - Toyota dealers desperate for more Prius hybrid cars will have to wait at least another month to find out if Toyota Motor Corp. will allocate more cars to the United States.

The current allocation gives Japan almost 50 percent more cars than the United States this year. The ratio might be adjusted in late July.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Nice article. The U.S. Toyota salespeople's reports of the situation match the impression you get on the board -- a lot of people coming in who already know that they want a Prius.

Must be frustrating for the dealers. (Obviously it's frustrating for us. :) )

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was just at the dealer today getting my 5K and 40D. They were delivering three Prii as I sat there twiddling my thumbs.

Some very excited new owners :)

The Sales Folk were excited to hear about the possible increase too. It's nice to surprise them by telling them things Toyota is saying before they hear about it :)