1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota missed the boat on color selection!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Kips, Jun 1, 2009.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dude, people already think our cars are gay...

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't repaint, have the car wrapped, then you can really make a statement and when you sell, unwrap it. It also protects the paint!
    [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81lv9_vehicle-wrap-in-fort-lauderdaleadve"]Dailymotion - vehicle wrap in fort lauderdale,advertising on cars & trucks - a video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x81lv9@@AMEPARAM@@x81lv9[/ame]

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He has a point. Wrapping it is the only recognized form of protection that reduces the likelyhood of AIDS (Arsehole Induced Dings and Scratches)

4. dpframing

dpframing "Nobody tells me what to do, not even me."

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Blue is the new green?
    What an #*%@hole! Google this. The 2010 colors SUCK.

5. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    HMMMM ok I have to say something here...that post seems a bit mean spirited for this forum...

The thread was about color or rather limited availability of color...

Blue is the new Green...(its an art, branding, and graphics trend...participate in the industry for a bit and you see the direction).

and (according to Itten) White is the presence of all color simultaneously...Black is the absence of color.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Gen2 had a lot of metal flake in the Magnetic Gray Metallic and it's very nice.

I don't know what genious(?) got ahold of the Winter Grey metallic - now there's almost no sparkle in the paint. Bummer.

7. dejongj

dejongj Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm about to decide on the colour...

Love the pearl white in sunshine but very dull and flat when there isn't any and since I live in the UK do I need to say more ;-)

I love a black car when it is cleaned and properly detailed but never lasts for more than 5 minutes on our mucky country side roads, besides in the UK it is a solid colour (who specced that!?)....So that is out...

The red, I like on paper but I have seen it for real in the show room...Hmm let's try and be polite and acknowledge that we all have different taste :)

The grey, a bit too dark for my liking...I like it, but I don't want to be washing it every day....

Blue, well my wife is changing from her cayman blue Murano so we want something different...Which leaves...

Yep boring old silver, I think it is the least bad choice (if that is proper English...)...