1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by El Dobro, Oct 4, 2020.

1. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I was going through some photos and ran across this one. That's me, next to my dad's brand new 1966 Toyota Corona. It was a good car and lasted until a drunk crashed into and totaled it. This car had the loudest turn signal I ever heard. :D

Scan.jpg

Stevewoods, vvillovv and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    wish I had something constructive to say....well....I do love the photo!

I remember my father talked a neighbor into buying a Toyota -- I think Corona -- in the late 1960s. It was a great car for her, but she had TONS OF HASSLE getting anything done to it.

The local grease monkey patrol at the corner gas stations would not touch it. And, her, a widow, did not do things such as oil changes....I was young, so don't know the all of it, but I do think she was mad at my father. I remember a few years later she got rid of the Corona and got -- I think -- an AMC Gremlin. Which, IIRC, gave the local grease monks a lot of work....LOL@

3. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, you know what a gremlin is, I'm STILL amazed they named a car after them. But the car did live up to its name....