1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Of Riverside (CA) - Screwage

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Nexus99, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Nexus99

Nexus99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Everyone beware of the F&I guys. One totally got me on the extended warranty. I will be cancelling (once I figure out how). Charged me 2500 bucks for it.... I am such an idiot for being taken by these guys.

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Most everybody gets screwed over by a dealership at least once in their life. This is because you might buy what? 20-30 cars in your lifetime. They sell them by the hundreds.

In my never-to-be-humbled opinion, there are about 10-20 percent of the US population that benefit from the additional coverage from an extended warranty. Mostly....it's a rigged game, and more than a few of the people that avail themselves of this coverage wind up in total loss accidents, theft, or just sell the car before it clocks out at 100k. If you're in a CARB state, it's even worse, since several of the more expensive hybrid components are already required to be covered by the OEM for the length of the extended warranty, and then some.
    AND...most people roll the cost of the extended warranty into the new car loan, which places you further in the hole if you're buying a new car without a significant down payment, and REALLY FURTHER in the hole if you're buying on a scratch deal, or if you're "upside down" in your trade.
    Oh yeah...that $2500??? It's more like $2700 when it's rolled into a 3-percent loan over 5 years. Believe it or not...there are folks that buy over a longer period...and pay more interest. :eek:
    I'm not piling on. I bought one myself back in the day.
    I'm hoping that somebody reads this and reflects on it when they're in the showroom.
    These days...you can get the additional coverage more cheaply, and closer to when you might actually need it from sources other than the OEM.

Just sayin' ;)

Good Luck CANX'ing the warranty!

3. has been

has been vote for anyone except Trump

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, good luck with the cancel.
    Should be easy enough to figure out how.
    I believe that you can always add that on anytime before your regular car warranty expires.
    Maybe somebody can confirm/deny that.

4. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four

5. CLUBGUY

CLUBGUY Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This fellow will assist you with how to cancel your "extended warranty"...also will provide a great $$$$ on a "toyota ext,warranty" if you wish....

Troy Dietrich
    Toyota of Greenfield
    (413) 772-0231
    (413) 772-0989 (My Direct Line)
    [email protected]

Read more: Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts | Page 77 | PriusChat