1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota parts web site getting a revamp

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alftoy, May 3, 2023.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Tried looking something up just now, on the official Toyota USA parts site. Seemed about as useless as usual.

Isaac Zachary likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, as "usual", meaning usual since May. What they had before the "revamp" was a usable system.

In other news, I've recently been back to the web sites of the couple of individual dealers I had earlier reported as points of light, with their own parts systems that were still usable. No longer; those have gone the same way. Closure against effective part searching now seems to be complete.*

In any jurisdiction with a serious right-to-repair law, I'm pretty sure this would be actionable. It is, at this point, effectively a decoy parts web site: something they can point to and say "sure we do" if anybody complains they don't provide a parts web site ... while still leaving customers with no effective way to look up parts.

* anybody who knows a dealer site with usable lookups still, that would be welcome news

Mendel Leisk and Isaac Zachary like this.
  3. Isaac Zachary

Isaac Zachary Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any suggestions on how to figure out how much my Toyota Avalon battery replacement would cost if I went with Toyota OEM? I can't seem to figure out how to find it within the new Toyota website.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That seems to be the point.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I wonder if dealership parts departments have to deal with this, or they have access to the old website, or something else actually usable.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @Elektroingenieur has posted about that before. Those guys have access to the in-house Electronic Parts Catalog app. They don't have to spend a second of their precious time on Earth dealing with what we're seeing here.

Feels a bit nostalgic now looking at that old thread with me griping about how it wasn't totally easy to follow the numbered cross-references between the drawings. At least that system had the drawings! And I even had eventually figured out how to follow the cross-references ... there weren't links for them, but the numbers were part of the URLs.

And now, we have ... this. :mad:

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks to TMR-JWAP for finding this.