1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Toyota patents flying Prius...

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by E46Prius, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Bill the Engineer

Bill the Engineer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In Minnesota, a Mirai would need a heater in its exhaust system. The only thing coming out of the exhaust is water, and what happens to water when the air temperature drops below freezing?...

Bill the Engineer

2. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm well aware of the patent system intent. Heck, I even have a corporate patent for work someone else did. While the "rules" are the same, it has long since changed from something intended to protect the originators from predatory corporations. The system has been converted into a standard weapon predatory corporations use to create empires. By using expendable engineers to generate anything and everything "novel", they can claim all intellectual property to be subject to corporate ownership. I've seen how it works from the inside, and it is the exception where a patent protects a single inventor.

bwilson4web likes this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought this particular requirement was effectively thrown out the window long ago.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That might be US only.