1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Toyota plans for ICE engines

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by mikefocke, May 28, 2024.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No problem from me who at age 74 is probably even older:
    • Age 12 - learned from the Mariner mission that Venus is ~932 F because of the thick, CO{2} greenhouse effect.
    • Age 55 - bought first Prius, used 2003, only to discover owning one made you into: (1) leaf looker; (2) Bambi lover, and; (3) wooly brained 'Green' environmentalist. But I was too interested in Prius engineering to care
    • Age 59 - got tired of all the 'greenie' nonsense and took an online course: Global Warming and Climate Change skepticism examined . After long threads with long-gone "Mojo", realized no posting here will ever change minds of those with attitudes. So I enjoy saving my "Greenback, Yankee dollars."
    • Age 65 - bought my first EV, a use 2014 BMW i3-REx, which more than doubled my Prius mileage . . . saving money.
    • Age 67 - discover a 2017 Prius Prime could not compete with the 2014 BMW i3-REx.
    • Age 69 - bought a 2019 Tesla Model 3 and discovered cheap, cross country, EV driving.
    • Age 73 - replaced 2014 BMW i3-REx with a 2017 BMW i3-REx, my city car preserving Tesla battery.
    • Age 74 (today) - replacing driver side, upper control arm using lessons learned from the passenger side replacement. The 5 year old Tesla, 132,000 mi, Model 3 has ordinary car parts that wear out and have to be replaced.
    Priuschat has a broad range of current and former Prius owners. Climate science is secondary to keeping our wonderful rides on the road. I still hang from my past postings about a 2003, 2010, and 2017 Prius. With rare exception, it is a diverse and productive community . . . folks I like to spend time with. But I'm not a 'Karen' as one of my favorite cartoons:
    [​IMG]

To a greater or lessor extent, Priuschatters tolerate: (1) climate denial; (2) COVID skeptics; (3) vitamin mega dose advocates, and (4) vaccine deniers. But other than recommending the poster take their own advice and donate money to organizations sharing their opinions, it isn't clear that debate would change a mind.

So I'm taking a break while the tree shade reaches my car and I can complete my Tesla repair.

Bob Wilson

#21 bwilson4web, May 30, 2024
    Last edited: May 30, 2024