1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Plans to Employ Angular Coil for Wireless Power Transmission

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by usbseawolf2000, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think they'd have the RF and safety issues covered by the time they get it to market.

The inefficiency issue is a big one. As gets pointed out, gasser hybrids can have lower emissions in some areas of the country then plug ins. More charging losses will make the comparison worse. Not that higher than necessary emissions and energy costs aren't bad enough.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That brings up a good point. I haven’t taken a poll but it seems that many EV buyers EV-10 (PIP) EV-40(Volt) & EV (Leaf) were former Hybrid owners or are Hybrid owners or had a close friend or family with a Hybrid. I’ll be honest it took a lot for me to purchase a Hybrid and reducing energy costs was front and center for me. I did give the PIP much thought but stayed with the hybrid. Today I would not think twice about buying a PIP. The wireless charging may not bring new converts to EV but it will sure make the existing owners and future owner much happier. In California EV and Hybrid is selling very well, Prius is the #1 selling car in the state.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    what I don't understand is how so many seem to freak out at the prospect of paying 2 bucks an hour at a Walmart EVSE - then turn & around and glory at the thought of buying an overpriced charger technology that will then cost a similarly high amount for electricity due to the lossyness. I predict the wireless charging technology will meet the same fate as ludicrous priced hydrogen cars/technology where practicality is just over the horizon.

SGH-I717R ? 2