1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TOYOTA Prius 2004-08 Full Kit Invisible Clear Bra

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hammy, May 27, 2008.

1. GatorJZ

GatorJZ Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid

Did not know that. Easier than wet sanding and clear coating. Doesn't help restore light transmission, though, I suppose.

2. echase

echase New Member

PROFINISH... Thank you for the tips!

Would I be insane to try this myself without experience? Our old car was just totaled, and I should have the new one in a couple of weeks. Budget is a major factor to me, but I think this could potentially be a money saver when it comes to resale/avoiding costly repairs.

I understand it is a good idea to lay down PPF asap on a new vehicle. Is that correct?

I was thinking to start with tinting my windows to get a better feel for this, then move on to headlights, then hood, and if still confident do the fender.

I was thinking of cutting the hood from bulk material, using a wet piece of clear acetate between the vehicle and the film to avoid damaging the paint while cutting.

I'm not a total perfectionist, but it needs to look "right" from two to three feet away. Is this achievable from bulk film? What do you think of XPEL's bulk film? (It is available up to 48" wide, which I may want to do if the line is going to show up strong on my red Prius.

Thanks again for your valuable help!

3. HiHoStevo

HiHoStevo Airport Bum

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The local store uses "Solar Guard" instead of 3m they claim they used to use 3m but this is better (in reality it probably costs less ).

Is anyone familiar with this product?

4. donotusepro-finish

donotusepro-finish New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I am not familiar with this product, but this thread came up on my search for Pro Finish. I was ripped off, so I am sharing my experience with EVERYONE so that they do not have the same heart break.

In 2006, I purchased a brand new G35 sedan. I was looking around for a clearbra installer. I called around and the prices were very high. PremierMobileGroup in Fremont wanted $700. Mike wanted $550 and he was mobile. I thought what the heck, they all do the same thing... I was wrong. Mike not only put RAZOR marks all over my car, the clearbra looked like crap. I paid him b/c I needed to get to a JOB INTERVIEW (so I wanted him out of my rented house at that time, so I could get moving and I would chase him later - I didn't know about the razor marks). Anyway, I contacted Better Business Bureau (waste of time). 3M, xpel, anyone and everyone I could think of when Mike refused to make right at his own expense. He said, he would come back if I paid for another clearbra. FORGET the additional clearbra, I want you to repaint my hood, fender, and front bumper. Long story short, I chased him for 6 months for money. When I went to sue him, my lawyer told me he was in very bad shape and I probably would waste more money in law fees. So I let Mike go. However, I turned at least 50 people away from using him, so I thought I made up for my heart break.

Today, I just got my windows tinted on my brand new car. The guy that tinted my windows told me about Pro Finish horror stories. The last thing anyone wants on a brand new car is RAZOR marks, esp. when they are putting on a clearbra to prevent rock dings. I was so furious about those razor marks I wanted to hunt mike down and beat him. like in the old high school days, gather 90 of my friends and just STOMP him. However, violence will do nothing. Instead, I make sure he feels his mistake in his wallet. I am still upset to this day, hence this thread posting. If you doubt anything I say, call any of the local shops in the bay area and ask about pro-finish.

USE premiermobilegroup in Fremont or Omega in Dublin. Pay the money to get the job done right.

1 person likes this.