1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius 2007 Brake Issue after CV joint and Wheel Bearing replaced

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Raj Muner, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Raj Muner

Raj Muner New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My local Garage replaced front Driver side CV joint and front Driver side Wheel Bearing, including both outer CV Gaiters on my Toyota Prius 2007 and as soon as I came out of Garage, I noticed that when I apply brake, just before car becomes stationary, the brake seems to slip a bit and car takes a little jerk before stopping finally.

I took back to garage and then have no clue, they did a diagnostic test and there are 2 codes. one for ABS (low voltage) and other for capacitor.

Please help me if you have any idea.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    do they have toyota tech stream diagnostic software and the service manual troubleshooting tree?

if not, it sounds like they need to pay a dealer to fix their mistakes.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Isn't there some tricky speed sensor, aligning with dust deflector hole and steering knuckle hole, care needs to be taken with alignment? See attached; might help your shop.

Attached Files:

4. Raj Muner

Raj Muner New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is an update...i had to drive about 30 miles to/from work home...it kept giving jerks as explained initialy ...on the way i stopped at shop to buy something....when re started i noticed that jerking is gone and abs vsc lights are on now..which didn't come earlier....drove another 50 miles next day...no change ..lights stayed on....next day back to mechanic...he connected the diagnostic system....code read for abs was C1377 for capacitor .....he told me its capacitor issue and nothing to do with mechanical issues anymore...he unplugged ...didnt clear the codes...and lights are gone....lets see how things are...please let me know do i need to worry about getting capacitor checked/replacement ?

5. Raj Muner

Raj Muner New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

There is an update...i had to drive about 30 miles to/from work home...it kept giving jerks as explained initialy ...on the way i stopped at shop to buy something....when re started i noticed that jerking is gone and abs vsc lights are on now..which didn't come earlier....drove another 50 miles next day...no change ..lights stayed on....next day back to mechanic...he connected the diagnostic system....code read for abs was C1377 for capacitor .....he told me its capacitor issue and nothing to do with mechanical issues anymore...he unplugged ...didnt clear the codes...and lights are gone....lets see how things are...please let me know do i need to worry about getting capacitor checked/replacement ?

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Google search for "Toyota C1337". First hit has about 4 Priuschat links. Could be your mechanic is out of his depth, you'll have to take it to a Toyota dealership service department? They have Toyota Tech Info website access, Techstream diagnostic software and so on.