1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius C G Gs Steering Wheel Multipurpose Buttons Missing

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hartish Khoobarry, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Hartish Khoobarry

Hartish Khoobarry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Guys ,

I just bought a Toyota Prius C G Gs (Also Known as Toyota Aqua G Gs). All G Gs model should have the Steering wheel Multipurpose Button. On my model its missing. Can you suggest me a place online where i can buy it like in the pic below :-[​IMG]
    Regards
    Hartish

2. Hartish Khoobarry

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hii Guys,

This is how the interior of the car look like as show n below. Can i upgrade it to add the multi function steering wheel switches? 26971908_10214208638077336_1172829545_o.jpg

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

i have no idea, but the schematic might show if the wires are in there. you can get it on toyota tech info .com. if they are, it would then be a matter of finding a replacement steering wheel i would think.
    all the best!(y)

4. Matt H

Matt H Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    If the car didn't come with the steering wheel buttons, there's a lot more to it than just changing the steering wheel. Almost certainly all of the modules that work with the buttons need to be programmed at that level.

5. Akash ad

Akash ad New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Hartish,
    Have you been able to know more about your model?
    I was planning to buy an Aqua Gs 2015 and i saw similarly the steering was plain and it comes with keys instead of push button start/keyless.
    I thought GS was top of the line. Confused.

6. Akash ad

Akash ad New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Does your model have keys ? Or push start ?

7. Hartish Khoobarry

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Akash ad,

My Prius C has push start button and has the key-less entree feature. Me too i thought Prius C was top of the line and it will come with all kind of features. Still I haven't been able to add the steering wheel functions.

8. mohsin

mohsin Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Hartish/ Akash,

These JDM cars come in different configurations. The Multimedia steering/ push start/ Navi /Reverse Camera etc are options that the Japanese buyer specifies at the time of ordering his car.

Coming back to Hartish car, you can have the multimedia switches installed, but you will also require the clock spring with additional contacts to get it working. Its a simple install, contact shops selling car dvd player etc.

check this