1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

toyota prius high rpm

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jawad khan, May 4, 2014.

1. jawad khan

jawad khan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    how can I set the rpm with z431 scanners my car is running on 1220 rpm on idle so pls guide me how to set standard rpm

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat, the prius doesn't really idle after it has warmed up, it shuts down. while warming, it goes thru different stages and rpm's. all the best!(y)

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If it's charging the battery or on a cold start the engine will run at higher revs, otherwise it will usually switch off.

If you have the a/c on high the car will also rev higher in certain circumstances. The Prius is quite good at reporting any problems and looking after itself. If there are no warning lights, then you're probably fine.

4. jawad khan

jawad khan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all
    I have prius 2nd gen modle 2010/1.5 i am having problem when i go to the hills on continue climbing my car loosing power and on the monitor shows 1 battery cell.
    First time when i went there i kept driving and finally the inverter water pump burnt, this happened the second time to.
    Ive changed the plugs,inverter collant,gear oil and checked the hv battery.
    No error code is shown
    Now even on the plain surface when i drive it over 150km the monitor shows 1 battery cell and car starts loosing power
    Pls help me for that
    Thanking in advance

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check for trouble codes with tech stream. the battery should never go to one bar.

6. jawad khan

jawad khan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi thank you for replying
    Ive checked for trouble codes but there is no code pls advise how can i check tech stream trouble codes