1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius Keyless Entry remotes & Programming

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 02Prius, Nov 3, 2005.

1. 02Prius

02Prius New Member

What does your local dealer charge for Prius keyless entry remotes?

My Toyota dealer wants $149 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (02 Prius, 99 4Runner (RS3000).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The "Key less Ride" site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

2. 02Prius

02Prius New Member

Does anyone know of any other sources for the remotes besides ebay or the dealer?

3. 02Prius

02Prius New Member

I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The other KR site wants about $80 a piece with shipping for the 02 Prius remote. :blink:

They're 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/displayProd...?productId=1823

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my 4Runner as well.