1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius PHEV Test Car Specs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Jul 25, 2007.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 25 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]484633[/snapback]</div>
    Doh! Now look what you've done! Now even I am going to reply to yet another splinter thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Beale @ Jul 25 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]484685[/snapback]</div>
    Many US utilities offer it. EVERY utility in the world *should* offer it. Energy costs more to make during peak, and is basically wasted during off-peak. We pay a premium for vacationing at peak times, why don't we pay for the energy we use at peak times (and get a break during off-peak). Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, how much you pay isn't the big news. It is that you are using power that is under-utilized, and not requiring any more power plants to be built. Even if you pay full price to fill your PHEV, it'll still be WAY the heck cheaper than gasoline will ever be again... and better for you and the world.

2. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(donee @ Jul 25 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]485070[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Donee!

That's the answer I was looking for.
    As far as a special gearbox, I would guess there would be a big demand for such a Prius version, and any retooling would be quickly earned back by volume sales. Better performance and better mileage would be an unbeatable combination--I don't think Toyota can build them fast enough, even at an increased price.

TLS,

Yes, I ciould have been clearer on how I phrased the question, but we got it worked out in the end! :)

3. TLS

TLS New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Per @ Jul 25 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]485133[/snapback]</div>
    We did! You folks like to get technical, so be technical through and through.