1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota prius sensors problems

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by David B, Nov 29, 2022.

1. David B

David B New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone

Appreciate I've only posted once and that was to complain about my Toyota dealership, and I'm going to do it again!

Since my car was MOT'd on friday - ie not serviced - the parking sensors at the front and rear of the car are no longer working which is a heck of a coincidence. I've gone through the menu options and switched on park assist and ICS, which were not switched on before. Everything else is switched on. Could it be a fuse?

I didn't notice this at first as driving back home after the MOT the brakes were squealing and for the first time ever going down a hill the car didn't charge at all (previously got 1.1 miles of charge) so I rang to complain as I thought they'd not connected something back up properly. Bizarrely coming back to the car on my driveway after 1 hour the car registered 1.1 miles electric charge when previously it was showing __._. The allegedly chief engineer had also switched the HUD off but at least thats dead easy to put back on! Does not bode well for when it needs servicing.

Can't fault the car, only this dealership. The three close Toyota garages to me are all owned by this dealership, the fourth is 150 miles away. To say I am annoyed is putting it mildly as I didn't have a problem with the car before it went to the dealership.

Sorry for rambling on.

David

bisco likes this.