1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius Speeds Out of Control on SoCal FWY

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by PazPrius, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    when you press the footbrake left to the normal brake ( not shure what the name for it is? parking brake/hill brake? ) then you hear a really load noise ( high pitch ) i did nog hear this on the 911 call even that the officer told the guy in the pruis to press both.. and he did!

maybe he was just speeding and wanted to get out of a ticket haha

te 2008 prius this guy was driving is the same to the 2007 2006 and more or less the same 2004-2006 models of the prius and wy are now these problem in the media? where there never troubles before?

ok normally this guy is not talking like this i guess but look at this video haha

1 person likes this.
  2. bat4255

bat4255 2017 Prius v #2 and 2008 Gen II #2

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  3. zxit

zxit HP's Prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The bizarre story of the run away Prius is just that a story...

APNewsBreak: Probe questions runaway Prius story

From the news Story...

-zxit

4. romad

romad 2004 Prīus Base Former Owner (Sold 13 May 22)

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, the truth is starting to come out about Sikes.

1. He hasn't made the last 5 payments on his Prius
    2. He has filed for bankruptcy
    3. A former business partner has called him a "scammer"
    4. He stole office supplies from the business that he was in partnership with the person in #3 above.
    5. He embezzled from the same business.

And in today's paper, it is reported that Federal and Toyota have not found brake wear consistent with Sikes' story.

1 person likes this.
  5. G3priusV

G3priusV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Oh figures! He's just another one trying to cash on Toyota media crap! Not fair because prius really rocks!

6. Barcelona Red

Barcelona Red OM dream mobile sea glass

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Smoking gun, not smoking brakes?

7. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Today's Spokane Spokesman Review (March 14, 2010) carried an Associated Press story including the quote "Investigators with Toyota Motor Corp and the federal government were unable to make the Toyota Prius speed out of control as its owner said it did on a California freeway, according to a draft memorandum obtained Saturday by the Associated Press that a congressional spokesman says casts doubt on the driver's story"

8. web1b

web1b Active Member

I meant that because he is in the area he was inspired to do this charade in front of his local and inclined-to-be-sympathetic on this issue CHP since one of their fellow coworkers recently died in the Lexus with the stuck pedal. He is playing them.

The responding officer will be predisposed to blindly believe anyone who claims they can't stop their Toyota and will make an ideal witness who will testify in court on Sike's behalf. "Yes, I saw brake lights on and I saw him standing on his brakes and the car wasn't stopping and I smelled the brakes burning and when he got out of the car he was visibility shaken because he was in shock."