1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius Website and GST (Arkansas) orders

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kgall, Jun 6, 2009.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So I go to the Build Your Prius tool on the Toyota website and put in my zipcode (72032) and my request (about as plain a Level II as you can get) and get a whole bunch of cars (with specific VIN numbers) said to be available to my local dealer. So I find one that interests me and attempt to push the button which will ask my local dealer for a quote.
    And nothing happens. The quote request does not appear to have been transmitted.
    Does any one have an idea what's going on? Why don't they want to even take quote requests?

Let me add:
    This follows a visit to the dealer a week or so ago, when they said that they would go to a Texas meeting in mid June to get trained on selling the 2010 Prius.
    Does this have anything to do with the item now on the "front page" of Priuschat about the event in Dallas to introduce the 2010 Prius? (Dallas and Ark. are both in the GST district, I hear.)

2. claridiva

claridiva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just a fair warning, the cars listed on the GST website are those available to the ENTIRE GST region and after asking about specific cars from 2 dealers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I have found that they don't know where these particular cars are going and quite a few are actually sold, as I understand, in the first wave of cars that made it to our area. I, too, am looking for a basic 2010 Prius II and am coming to accept this will be more difficult than I thought (despite those cars listed on the GST website) as many of the cars are coming from port with MANY added features and apparently the dealers have little control over them. My dealer (Toyota of Ft. Worth) is getting a new allocation of cars on Monday and they are going to call me and I will choose one out of their allotment.

Best of luck to you!

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Sterling McCall (Houston) is now showing a Blizzard II in stock on their website, meaning it is in their inventory. This is in addition to the Sandy Beach II showing up as available, meaning it is in someone else's inventory.