1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota promises to ship more Priuses to U.S. dealers

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Jul 26, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota promises to ship more Priuses to U.S. dealers

Toyota Motor Corp. President Fujio Cho has promised to "ship more Priuses to the United States." But Cho and other top executives refuse to say how many more of the popular hybrid cars will go to Prius-starved U.S. dealers.

A lower-level official says an extra 12,500 to 15,000 Priuses might go to the United States by the end of 2004. That would be in addition to the 47,000 allocated to the U.S. market this year.

But Cho said Toyota has no immediate plans to boost Prius output beyond the current level by, for example, building the car in a second plant.

A shortage of key components such as batteries rules out further output increases, Cho said. Batteries for the Prius are made by a joint venture between Toyota and Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.

Read entire article from AutoWeek by clicking this link.

Jeff

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Second only to the thought that I might be getting my car sooner rather than later is my next-favorite line:

Said Miller: "Frankly speaking, we're greedy, and we don't want to lose the market share we've built up and the customers that have raised their hands."

3. mshappe

mshappe New Member

*blush* I wasn't paying attention and posted an article of my own about this same link. I've since deleted it.

Sorry, jkash!