1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota provides head unit update files free

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by liquidtenmillion, Jul 11, 2017.

1. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes that is the very document I saw in tech info. You used to only be able to update them by clicking the actual links in that document. They are in the /calibration part of tech info, which requires a 2nd tier subscription. The cheapest way to get that was to buy the standard 2 day, wait until you begin the 2nd day, and then upgrade to the 2nd tier. You only get charged for the 2nd tier for that 1 day. You can also get things like ECM updates with the 2nd tier subscription in the /calibration folder. I would not recommend messing with that.

I discovered all of this accidentally, I had no idea how to do the update except for go to dealer(who said there is no update, it's a brand new 2017) I finally found that TSB and tried to click the link, and figured out I needed techinfo, then unfortunately figuring out I needed 2nd tier tech info...

That securedp.toyota.com has existed for years. Originally it ONLY had the update for my 2015 Prius 3 display audio with entune/nav(non premium navigation/entune), and the equivalent systems for other cars, so I was periodically checking the site to see if it changed. It did change, it removed ALL updates and just redirected to the main entune site, so that's when I went the tech info route.

I just randomly checked that securedp.toyota.com again one more time as I was about to delete it for my bookmarks(didn't have the applicable car anymore) and lo and behold it now has ALL head unit upgrades! Too bad I paid 50$ or so to do it just 1 month ago...

There are several different software versions floating around, so find yours so you can see the exact changes. I had the one ending in 89, so my changes were at the bottom. I did notice that I could only configure the number of turn signal lane change flashes using Carista, and that after this update I can configure it right through the head unit itself, and sure enough it is listed.

#21 liquidtenmillion, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Donjuan likes this.
  2. Donjuan

Donjuan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    How do I change the turn signal flashes? I couldn't find this option with the new update.

3. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Mine says no updates for this model. 2016 Prius.

4. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's what mine says too

5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    As I wrote in the other thread, the securedp.toyota.com site is no longer a reliable source. I don’t know why Toyota removed the updates that were previously posted there.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  6. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Not a good sign. I will stick with what I have as it works for me.

7. S.Bell

S.Bell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the link and information, everyone. I got the update installed onto an old thumb drive of mine and will install it later tonight. Here's hoping that it will help give me better radio reception and maybe even Entune trial again. I missed out on trying out the Entune app cell phone features (lock/unlock, auto start, and safety check).

RCO likes this.
  8. S.Bell

S.Bell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Update: It didn’t work under Software Update or Gracenote Update option on my 2013 v. I’ll probably just keep it on this thum drive and have mechanic try, when I get oil changed, maybe brakes, and new tires.

iPhone ?

9. recado jose

recado jose New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    13TDANNA-DA11_0140.kwi Server Error 404 - File or directory not found anybody have other link for download ? thank you

10. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a heads up, these head unit update files are available again on Toyota’s site for the first time in over a year. I was just able to download the latest update for my 2017 3.

securedp.toyota.com

RCO, Elektroingenieur and krmcg like this.
  11. shadow4478

shadow4478 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just did the update takes 5 min
    Has anyone seen any changes ?
    Or just bug fixes ?