1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Purchase/Lease Survey - Is it worth completing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by local_host, May 5, 2007.

1. local_host

local_host New Member

Bought my Prius in late January and I've still got the survey collecting dust on my desk. I notice all the questions pertain to the dealership itself and not my experience with the car (in my opinion there should be a survey for each).

I don't really have any opinions regarding the dealer, so it doesn't seem necessary for me to complete the survey. However, I do have a few opinions regarding my experience with the Prius thus far- Where can I submit those??

2. sarahlu

sarahlu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(local_host @ May 5 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]436071[/snapback]</div>
    You should still complete the dealership survey. It's how the salespeople get their commission.

3. local_host

local_host New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sarahlu @ May 5 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]436102[/snapback]</div>
    Umm are you sure? So if no one ever sent in their surveys the salesperson would not get paid at all?

4. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm a salesman. The surveys really do matter. It doesn't determine commission, though. Also, anything less than an "Excellent" on the survey is failing. Your salesperson must retain a score of higher than 95% to qualify for certain bonuses...that's all.

When I bought my Prius, after I filled out the first survey, I eventually got more surveys, including one about the car.

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(local_host @ May 6 2007, 12:39 AM) [snapback]436269[/snapback]</div>
    Yes,
    the salesperson gets their bonus by a completed excellent survey, I have a realative in the car business (too bad it's not a toyota dealer) but they operate the same way all fields have to be good. Now if you use the comments section for the bad stuff you did not like that's ok salesman still get the bonus.

So if you like your salesman submit the survey.

6. douglas001001

douglas001001 smug doug

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I filled out the survey online in about the time it took for me to read and type this note. The address and your username/pwd should be on the survey.

And yes it does matter for not only the salesman but for the dealership vs other dealership metrics.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You should complete the survey fairly. Report the good and complain about the bad. Nice to know the comments about my negative experience cost somebody some bucks. :D

8. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

I'm currently conducting a survey about these surveys, to inform an article in a major trade publication. The whole "anything less than excellent is failing" system has generated all sorts of corruption, most of it mild but annoying nonetheless.

I wrote a blog entry about this here:

Corruption in dealer satisfaction surveys

9. KFERN

KFERN New Member

Yes survey is very important Im new to the site but as a Manager at a Toyota Dealer
    we push our sales people to do it right and ask for a perfect score only if we have earned
    it. And if not.....................

bisco likes this.
  10. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I know...old thread...but i purchased my prius prime 6 weeks ago...no survey, no acknowledgement from dealer, No followup from sales...no nuthin'.....um....

11. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Those surveys actually assisted us in deciding never to buy another Nissan. We bought a new car from a Nissan dealer in 2007 After faithfully (and expensively) allowing them to do every service and repair on the car for three years we started having problems with the service department. It was so bad they even left the car on the back lot with the windows down all night in a rainstorm and tried to give the car back to me as if nothing had happened. The seats were soaked and putting a foot on the carpet brought up standing water. Another "rainy time" repair had the drain tubes from the sunroof plugged (apparently needles from trees they parked it under) and water was running out of the headliner inside the car. Both times I both went to the service manager and filled out the surveys. I also pointed out we had been Nissan customers through multiple cars and for over a decade. Nissan North America ignored our complaints and never contacted us with a reply even after we called THEM. The dealer owners/general managers didn't respond. The service manager did respond and basically his answer was "tough cookies".

The surveys were worthless.

12. Flaming

Flaming Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    The survey has a purpose for the dealer and im sure at 100% because I received a letter from the dealer saying that if I give a good score to the survey, I would have a free inside / outside car wash (worth something near $ 40-50) lol ..... I got the survey by e-mail with a code to activate on a website.

#12 Flaming, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i was presented a survey before i left, after my last purchase from a toyota dealer. it was a horrible experience, and i told them so. before i was out the door, the manager was all over me about what went wrong. after i explained it to him, he gave me a $150. gift card.
    i thought that was nice, but i would never go back there. in my few return trips for the free oil changes, i noticed the employees kept changing.

i have never received a survey in the mail from toyota after any of our 7 toyota's purchased.