1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Rav4 Electric Vehicle on eBay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clintd555, Jul 5, 2006.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Excellent. Tracy has been assimilated. Who's next? :)

2. molgrips

molgrips Member

tracysbeans - if everywhere is so close to you, why don't you get a bike? 5 miles each way commute, I do it for free, and initial outlay was a lot less than $8000!

Everyone - what about the electric Smart idea? A purely city-targetted EV that would replace 80% of commuter tons of CO2, and will probably cost what, 8 grand? Can't wait for it!

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(molgrips @ Aug 4 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]297760[/snapback]</div>
    Umm that definatly won't work for me. I can't lug all my stuff home from the stores and my extra warehouses with a bike. I already tried that with a moped and a moped trunk.

By the way since I use my Gem truck to haul stuff for my business I can also write off part of it as a business expense ;) (Plus you don't have to pay $8,000 for a Gem--You can get one off ebay for a couple thousand!)

So even a smart car wouldn't work for me. I need to have a truck EV to be able to haul lots of stuff!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Aug 4 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]297756[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!!! It's ALL YOU FAULT!!! :rolleyes:

My feelings are IF President Bush isn't going to do anything for ME I'm going to do something for MYSELF! And I'm certainly not going to mope around waiting for this great EV vehcile to arrive. Even if it does I will just sell my Gem and move on to something even better. (As long as it's an EV truck since I NEED a truck) BUT at least I have a start into the EV world one way or another.

I have a feeling it's going to be either a long wait for an EV or never going to happen. I feel there is just TO much to lose for the BIG dogs by having everyone driving an EV. I'm just glad I found a way to make it happen for ME! I'm laughing all the way to the bank!!! B)

4. molgrips

molgrips Member

You can get trailers for bikes, or if you need even more space, pedal powered delivery vehicles with great big cargo compartments.

Imagine, a vehicle that gets you around with zero emissions. NO fuel and it even makes you magically healthier and THINNER for free! :) What would people pay for that brilliant idea...?

:p

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Michelle:

I feel the same. I'm holding out hope the small car manufacturers like AC propulsion will come out with a 100+ highway miles EV (convertion) car for under $40.000 . If they do (and the car is reasonably big, like the Scion A seems to be) then my soon to be wife and I will probably buy it and keep my Prius. That way we'll use the EV for the long commute (hers ~50 highway miles each way), I'll keep the Prisu for mine (20 miles round trip) as well as for longer trips.

Another hope is that the 09 Prius will have real EV range and come with expandable batteries. I'm dreaming about a EV10 plug-in hybrid for sub $30.000 with a +10 miles battery pack option under $10.000. That could become my EV car to/from work and my better half could run the Prius.

A man can dream. What I do know is that I'm not buying an ICE only car again.