1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota recall 2.4 million vehicles in 2005

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Dec 2, 2005.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  2. slortz

slortz New Member

Boy, at this current rate of recalling for Toyota, in two more years they will be recalling all of the vehicles they make. Bummer.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

"Recalls have become more common in the aftermath of the TREAD Act and have also been driven by fear of litigation and the launching of new vehicles, said Chance Parker of J.D. Power and Associates, which tracks vehicle quality and dependability.

Parker said his firm has not seen a direct link between increased recalls and reduced vehicle quality by a manufacturer.

"In some cases, if a recall is handled really well, we've had some customers becoming more satisfied because of the way the recall was handled," Parker said."

4. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I know that 40 miles rt to my favorite toyota dealership to drop it off, and the same to pick it up, makes me more satisfied...(not)!

rpm

5. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

I'm just glad Toyota recalls... Gm recalls too, but mostly they just let me rot.

I get 3 times the use out of the Toyotas I have bought, with FAR, FAR, FAR fewer problems overall.