1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota recalls 340,000 Priuses globally to fix parking brake issue

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by raspy, Oct 12, 2016.

1. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Bear in mind I don't have my car yet, but I asked my dealer. Said there were none that he knew of and he thought they only applied to the Aygo. They could deal with any minor things before delivery to me. Anyway, putting my VIN into the Toyota site identified my car and said there was one (unspecified) minor Voluntary recall for that vehicle. In general the site suggested that the other recalls did not apply to European models.

2. greenmonster01

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does any one know when this issue is going to be resolved? I could have swore that I read something about current owners being notified by MMMM, DD... but can't seem to find it now.

I'm looking to buy, and I'm just trying to get a better idea of when the stop sale order will end.

Hopefully the clips will make it to the dealers sooner rather than later...

3. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Everytime I leave my house their is a noise in the bottom by the front tired . Dealer check the brake but they found nothing. If I park forward their is no noise at all.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. MrMischief

MrMischief Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like you need a new thread. The parking brake is only on the rear wheels so I do not believe there would be a noise coming from your front tire if you were having the parking brake issue. Are you sure it's coming from the tire? Could you be hearing the brake booster?

5. Dragon Rider

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    U right but it a new car it should not have any problem. It only at the house that I hear the click noise.

6. gvp1995

gvp1995 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I hear the click in the morning too! Not every morning but I heard it more than once. Here is the scenario. I start the car and drive to the garage gate - all on the battery - it is only a few meters. Then I put it in Parking and press the parking brake. In about a minute or so I hear very distinct "Click". But I can swear it is coming from the back, not front.

I am almost sure it is coming from the back wheels, but interestingly, the parking brake is not being disengaged. I would have noticed it immediately because there is a slope where I park.

#106 gvp1995, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    RCO likes this.
  7. Dragon Rider

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow . This weekend I told the service advisor they found nothing. I told him what scare me is if something is lose. I am always thinking about it . It could be the back like you said. I can't really tell..they have it on filed..

RCO likes this.
  8. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    1 week into the 12 Oct 16 Recall. Any update yet?