1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Recalls 418,570 Vehicles

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Susan5s

Susan5s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As usual, thanks, TMS USA, for the reality check and your clarity!

Susan

2. mikel 52

mikel 52 Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Thanks, TMS USA.
    I just bought an early '02 two weeks ago. So, I'm curious to see if mine is involved and if I'm listed as the current owner of it yet.

Mike

3. Don-RI

Don-RI Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a rule of the tabloid journalism that the Prius will always make the news when there's a recall or TSB. It's a hot car and in the news to start, but it's also a positive success story, and sad as it is, many news writers seem to love to dump on a positive when given the chance.

Consumer Reports runs a page product recalls each month and they always include auto recalls. But most of them never get the widespread coverage that the "hybrid Prius" recalls get in the news -- or the hand-wringing commentary expressing doubt over the manufacturer's ability to maintain quality standards.

For the Prius and Toyota, it all comes with the terrority of being a celebrity.

4. tmsusa

tmsusa New Member

Corporate Communications for Toyota Motor Sales US
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don-RI @ Jul 20 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]289430[/snapback]</div>
    You also have to understand the mindset of traditional automotive journalism today--and for that matter, the auto industry as a whole. It's a hyper-focused/warp-speed effort to secure leadership in environmental technology and alternative fuels. Hybrid Synergy Drive is out in front (well at least until our plug-in!), and the Prius is the poster boy/girl for this technology. So any news re Prius is indeed significant news. We also think it is important to emphasize that service campaigns like these have nothing to do with the hybrid technology.

Thanks for your comments.

5. Lottetrouble

Lottetrouble New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wwu123 @ Jul 18 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]288243[/snapback]</div>
    In my recent recall notice, there was a second sheet of paper that asked for the new owner information if I have sold the car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Jul 18 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]288133[/snapback]</div>
    What planet do you live on?

6. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lottetrouble @ Jul 21 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]290203[/snapback]</div>
    The one where Toyota's recalls have doubled ever year for the past few years, and the planet where Toyota is on pace to recall more cars than GM for serious trouble (read: safety related) issues this year. Ya know, Earth! It's sad, but it's true.

7. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jul 19 2006, 01:50 AM) [snapback]288567[/snapback]</div>

Right on!!![/