1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Sai Hybrid Sedan

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by morpheusx, Sep 30, 2009.

1. pinzvidz

pinzvidz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Sai was put up yesterday on Toyota's jp website - here.

edit: oh, and the special site is another one of Toyta's crazy flash intensive mad moments.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I took a look at the Sai and HS 250h at Tokyo Motor Show. I'll put up pics when I have time once I return to the US. Neither looks too bad in person.

The gauge cluster is different between the two and the Sai has a similar but definitely lower quality interior. Examples: Where the HS 250h has leather and stitching, the Sai has plastic. Where the the HS 250h has nice wood (fake wood?) cover in the center console for the cupholders (?), the Sai just has plastic and no cover. The controller for the nav system is different too. The operation is the same in principle but the Lexus version is much more mouse-like in shape.

On a side note: I couldn't pop the hood a few cars that I tried. The Estima Hybrid's release seemed disconnected. I even saw some stickers at another manufacturer's booth around the release which told you to stay out of/not open the "engine room". :p

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The HS should have real wood. I don't know of any Lexus that has fake wood.