1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota sales region map link

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by jwight, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jwight

jwight New Member

Hopefully this will help those trying to figure out what packages are available by region:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/jwi...taregionmap.jpg

Also might help if recent buyers in those regions posted which packages they had access to when ordering.

Cheers! :)

2. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwight @ Aug 17 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]304689[/snapback]</div>
    Before I ordered at a dealership, I configured online. For the Chicago area, where I live, I had options 1-8 available to me.

3. loopyloops

loopyloops New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwight @ Aug 17 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]304689[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry - new here - missing something - what do those colors tell you? Do they just link to the person in you region, and then you call them and ask?

I'm in L.A., btw, and it seems 1s, 3s, and 8s are available - though I know someone who did get a modified 7 to make it an 8.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loopyloops @ Aug 19 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]306137[/snapback]</div>
    Not all option packages are available in all areas. PriusChat has a world wide readership. There are some options and packages which are simply not available in the US, like the EV switch installed at the factory. Likewise, people in the US may mention that they have a Package 4, for example, but you couldn't get that one in your region. If you REALLY wanted a Package 4 for some reason, you could try to find it in a different region. Maybe it's available in the Denver region, which includes Nevada. Go to Las Vegas and pick up the package you want, for example.

I sincerely doubt you'd have much luck contacting any of the individuals shown. This looks like a Toyota internal document.

5. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Wish I would have known about this map before when I had trouble finding a car within our "New York Region".

What worked for me was contacting dealers out of my region (in my case 2 regions to the south, "SET"). Instead of a 6-8 month wait, I had the exact car I wanted within a week.

Of course, I had to rent a car to go get it, but it was still worth the trip.

6. loopyloops

loopyloops New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Aug 20 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]306166[/snapback]</div>
    Is there a legend for the colors I'm missing?

7. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Even within regions, the available option packages change from one area to another.

I am in the Central Atlantic region, which includes VA and MD. In Maryland, where I bought my car, they had package #3, but not #4. In Virginia, they don't have #3 -- they start at #4 (which is the same as #3 but adds VSC).

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I see the regions but don't see what packages are available in what region.

9. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 20 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]306302[/snapback]</div>
    There aren't any listed for the regions.

As far as I know the only way to figure this out is to type in an zip code on the Toyota website & try to configure a new Prius OR call a dealer in that particular area & see what s/he says.

I did the former.

10. jwight

jwight New Member

Sorry for any confusion; the slide did come from a Toyota presentation. No meaning to the color coding that I saw and the names listed are for internal Toyota reference only. This whole package availability thing seems strange to me and Toyota doesn't appear interested in sharing any information. I sent them an e-mail and got the "type your zip code in" reply. They said they didn't have a listing of which packages were available by region - hard to believe. :)