1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Service Failure

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by BillKoz, Jul 21, 2021.

1. BillKoz

BillKoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    A little background, The vents for the center-left and floor closed and the controls to change vents became disabled. I brought the vehicle to the dealer under warranty. They reset the ECU for the HVAC vent controls and everything was fixed. The mileage warranty expiration was 3K miles away. I insisted that the problem be noted in the service paperwork because of being close to the warranty's expiring mileage. So, one month later, the same problem. Service checks codes and (six days later) nothing. Service now calls Toyota and Toyota tells them to reset the same ECU, they reset the first time. After resetting, everything checks out OK. Toyota now says since they can not find any problem I need to wait until it happens again. I asked the dealer what exactly will be done when it happens again and what is the difference between it happening again and when I brought it in the second time. When it failed the second time service checked it and had no idea what caused it. So when it happens again I will be right where I'm at right now. So here's where I am going, I have to experience THREE failures and be inconvenienced for days and the fix is NOWHERE in sight! Total failure!

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, what a nightmare. they act like your time is worth nothing.

Trollbait likes this.