1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota service log book

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by irusmal, Jun 9, 2014.

1. irusmal

irusmal New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

I bought 2006 prius last year in August and I love the car! It has been very smooth ride and economical as well. I have done routine service with local garage last week (didn't bother with toyota service as previous owner also service it with local garage), mechanic asked me to bring in service log book so they can stamp it, but I can't find any in the folder. I want to know whether service book comes with the car and previous owner misplaced it or it should be bought separately? I saw few selling on ebay...

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! comes with car. amazing to me that they want to stamp it, i have never had one stamped by the dealer or private in 45 years. all the best.(y)

3. irusmal

irusmal New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks bisco, looks like mine is missing that book

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The last car we had, a Civic Hybrid, went the dealership service route for the first little while, and I asked them to stamp/sign the space in the book. They gave me a bit of a look and complied. No stamp, just a signature. I suspect no one had ever asked before.

With the advent of computer records you'd think this would be really old-school. The flipside though: I brought that same car in recently, to the old dealership. They'd wiped all their computer records, I was gone. Had to start a fresh profile.