1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota service made a mistake during sotware update (recall)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Placius, Nov 2, 2014.

1. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If the Prius says "Service due soon" then I would have the oil changed again. Otherwise don't about it. It's supposed to last for 10k miles under normal circumstances. The brakes rust in humid or rainy conditions...I don't think there will be too much water flying around and rusting them if it's below freezing. The batteries may have gone low for sitting that long...but if they tested it after repairs, it's likely that a battery problem (if present) wouldn't show up until later.

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I would test the 12volt. Sitting on a lot, mostly idle, for two months could be a problem. Especially when they tend to leave doors or hatches open when working on it. However, I doubt they would take responsibility. As for as the HV pack, you should be okay. But, the plug-in has Lithium Ion, not NmH so, I guess we will find out if they like sitting around...

3. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't think the OP has a PiP, his profile says Prius THREE. My personal experience is that lithium batteries lose charge as the temperature drops, but better ones don't go all the way down to being discharged. Dyson cold = dead. DeWalt cold = more than half charge. Haha

4. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Got it. Thanks for the clarification.