1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota service

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by MPGnutcase, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yes, you are certainly right, some of the old "turnkey" cars were "turkey" cars. How easy we all forget that. I think I'll take today's cars. Look at the comfort and conveniences they have. We also forget that when we bought a new old "turnkey" car that shortly after we bought it we had to make a list of things not working properly to take it back to the service department. Today's cars are more reliable. Thanks for reminding me. Sometimes I think maybe we just want to complain (certainly me).

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There is a rational middle ground.

When I buy a new car I read the table of contents, and then read the sections I think are important to know in depth right away. Then I put the manuals in the car for future reference.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The 3rd gen's spark plug change definitely wins a turkey award. :rolleyes:

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I disagree. The plugs last long enough to service them along with the other components that typically require disassembly to reach: pcv and struts.

For many a car, we are talking about one involved service in the *lifetime* of the car; and by involved I mean an extra 30 - 60 minutes.

5. learnmedia

learnmedia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Took my certified pre-owned '11 Four to Carson Toyota for its first service and had a very positive experience. Kevin San, the service advisor, was pleasant, professional, and trustworthy. He let me know that, unbeknownst to me, I had inherited a service contract from the previous owner so my oil changes, tire rotations , etc. are paid for. Toyota Santa Monica, where I purchased it, didn't divulge this.

My initial impression is Carson Toyota is a top flight operation. Absolutely the largest, cleanest, and highest end service department I have ever seen. The garage where they service the cars is very organized and spotless. There is a nice comfortable waiting area with complimentary coffee. Pagers are given to customers to let you know when your car is ready.

I was treated to a great customer service experience and will be going back for regular maintenance and service for sure.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's cause dianne will kick their collective butts if they don't behave.:p

retired4999 likes this.
  7. Daddy Dave

Daddy Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My last time at my Toyota dealer was when they took an hour and a half to complete an oil change while I was sitting in the waiting area and complained three times about the wait. The mechanic was chatting with his buddies in the hall waiting for me to answer a question. I only figured that out after the fact. Again - I was in the waiting area. I ended up taking the car and telling them to mail me the bill. I wasn't going to wait a minute longer while the service rep filled out some stupid form on the computer. Complaints and letters received no response. That's why I'll buy my next Toyota online. I do all my own oil and filter changes and will change the plugs in 8k miles. 112k miles on a 2010 and counting...

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A 1.5 hour wait for an oil change isn't that far outa line. Yeah the oil change shouldn't take that long, but they're juggling work orders. Maybe after the 3rd time you complained they slowed right down? ;)

Still, I never darken our dealership service department doorstep for routine maintenance, only for warranty work, so far. But if there's something serious/significant though, I'd have no qualms letting them deal with it.

#68 Mendel Leisk, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    kenichols29 likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how do you buy online?