1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Toyota should be toast right now"

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GreenGuy33, Feb 24, 2010.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    NAFTA took a new angle for me when I found out who our two highest imported oil providers are.

Please note: this is not biased reporting or personal opinion. This link is doe.gov:
    Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When did Mexico move overseas?

Ross Perot's "Giant Sucking Sound" was referring to NAFTA and Mexico, not to any treaty with overseas countries.

3. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The governor of Texas has been pushing a NAFTA Superhighway from the border through Texas into the rest of the country, it would support a covert move to bring in more foreign and Chinese goods by way of Mexico, in support of more companies moving jobs overseas. By creating the special Superhighway, more Chinese and foreign goods can be brought into Mexico and repackaged as NAFTA commerce, causing more Texas and American jobs to be lost. Guess what party he is from and who will benefit from the highway.

4. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "Guess what party he is from and who will benefit from the highway"

The seccessionist party? The I hate America so I want to leave it party?

There are actually some valid arguments for the superhighway, but it can't overcome the main argument against....which is that highway usage follows oil production usage, hence we will likely never have as many cars, trucks, etc. on the highway as we do right now. Rail between cities and EV's within are where the future is.