1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Shows Distain: Even for their Own RAV4-EV

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, May 6, 2014.

1. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wash mine by hand and dry them in the open air before pressing between two heavy books and re-using!

mozdzen, bisco and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    But horrors, those potatoes are planted/harvested by fossil fuel machines, processed with fossil fuel power, transported by fossil fuel vehicles and then processed by you into waste that then needs to be processed using fossil fuel.

If they aren't grown in your garden and dried in the sun, should you be eating them?

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not when the human waste is spread over the potato fields

mozdzen, bisco and Prodigyplace like this.
  4. 70AARCUDA

70AARCUDA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The difference between MAN-ure and COW-dung?

RCO likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we grow our own taters, but haven't tried making chips. besides, their not on the diet.:unsure: sweet potato fries though! baked, not fried.:p

RCO likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm partial to taco chips. How to grow tacos...(n)

RCO and bisco like this.
  7. mozdzen

mozdzen Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    You need more battery capacity to regain control of your life! (-;

RCO likes this.
  8. mozdzen

mozdzen Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    I wash out the zip-lock baggies.

9. mozdzen

mozdzen Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    We've made zucchini chips - actually not bad if they have enough salt/garlic/Parmesan/chipolte on them.

bisco likes this.
  10. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    here is where phev can help. The real measure is not peak hp, but torque at speed. A large battery (7kwh) is still fairly small if packaged well (see i3 or model S, not C-max energi).

i8 probably is not the best ballance but they have a fairly small big battery (7.1kwh) that produces
    Hook it up with a 2 liter turbo 4, and you have between v6 and v8 performance. As battery prices continue to fall, the extra battery expense is offset by the less expensive gasoline engine versus a hybrid (I'm talking the v8 and V6 that lexus uses). Weight is probably similar to a hybrid, but the weight can be mangaged to be more in the center allowing for a better handling more efficient vehicle.

Now I'm not saying this will be cheap compared to convetional non-hybrids, but in terms of handling, price, efficiency, and performance it may be better than the power hybrids like the Lexus LSh and GSh.

Keys are what happens to the cost of batteries, gasoline, and electricity. The trend is your friend. I expect some more aerodynamic cute utes and midsize SUVs to get the plug-in treatment in the next 5 years.

With gas cheap the prius prime doesn't make all that much sense, but SUVs are thirstier creaters.

11. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Gf made me kale chips. Not bad but I don't think I would ever eat them often. Zucchini chips are much easier.

bisco and mozdzen like this.
  12. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My 40 years Gf likes chicken livers which I consider to be catfish bait. But you're just as likely to pull in a huge but inedible mudcat. Regardless, last night I made dinner:
    • 5.5 lb standing rib roast (two ribs) - well peppered and soaked in Worcestershire sauce
    • vegies: sweet red, yellow, orange peppers, one roasting potato, two sweet onions, small package of mushrooms, small baggie of finger-food carrots, and fresh okra. Did not have room for the broccoli and they didn't sell bok choy. Forgot to add the sliced beets.
    • two hours later after an hour 'resting' - I eat the end, she eats a middle slide, and the dogs each get a bone.
    • should last through Friday.
    Bob Wilson

mozdzen, bisco and RCO like this.
  13. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

1. Cradle snatcher
    2. I was born in Worcestershire
    3. Now you've really got me hungry

bisco likes this.
  14. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Older than me, on this side of the pond, she would be called a cougar. A great American, Benjamin Franklin, had this to say: Benjamin Franklin, Advice to a Young Man on the Choice of a Mistress (1745)

. . . then I repeat my former Advice, that in all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor'd with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc'd may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro' more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin'd to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding2 only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!

Thus much for my Paradox.

Bob Wilson

RCO, mozdzen and Trollbait like this.
  15. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Could not have put it better. Kudos to B Franklin. (y)