1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Signal Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Shane, Sep 28, 2006.

1. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am so estatic. I am waiting so patiently for someone to actually do this, i am all over every post about these mirrors. :)

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

The mirrors are on!

3. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 9 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]330361[/snapback]</div>
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........................You have to show us, You are so close I want to drive by and see them and be in awe of them, how much did you pay? I am waiting for the guy who got them from ebay to see how well they compare?

4. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 9 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]330361[/snapback]</div>
    Now you guys are making me want to get in on this! I read on the SIGMA site that the install is pretty difficult, so I'm waiting on Doc's detailed post/instructions before I order to make sure I will even be able to do the install myself.

Keeping my eye on this thread! Let us know when you post Doc!

I just sent them an email asking some questions, i.e. do they apply to 2007 models, do they have Black 202 in stock, and delivery time to east coast. The zero feedback is a valid concern. I'll post response times and answers to my questions.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I did mine two years ago. I found the pics I took; I can make a howto.

Nate

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Inthewind @ Oct 9 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]330378[/snapback]</div>
    I'm preparing the write up now, but I'll be posting it in my mods thread. Just click the link in my signature. It's 10:07 right now, so give me at least until 10:30 EST. Or you can just keep hitting reload spastically until you see it.

For now, here is a teaser pic... ;)

Attached Files:

7. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 9 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]330389[/snapback]</div>

Hitting refresh spastically.....nothing yet!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Oct 9 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]330386[/snapback]</div>
    2 howto's can only be helpfull...

Kinda like 2 sets of eyes on a problem double the solve capabilities...
    Thanks!

8. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    click.....................click.........................click.................
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did it take you ? was everything already in place(wiring, nothing to add, though i assume, splices were made) Does it matter on the package of the parts involved, I am next on this : ) lol

9. dmarcus123

dmarcus123 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 9 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]330389[/snapback]</div>
    Oh god, I want 'em, I want 'em ... will you come to Atlanta and install a pair for me? I'll feed you!

10. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Inthewind @ Oct 9 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]330392[/snapback]</div>

OK, it's up now. Click my signature or this link:

http://mysite.verizon.net/ressmxii/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(massimo @ Oct 9 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]330398[/snapback]</div>
    TIme is different for me.I have three kids, so EVERYTHING takes longer than it should. A couple of hours is all you should need if you work efficiently.

There were only three places where teh factory harness was tapped into. It was very easy to do the wiring.

11. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

Now to see if the ones on Ebay are the same as Sigma. Can anyone who ordered and received post when they get them with their experience?

Thanks!

12. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I have a question on those sigma mirrors. Do they only come in silver? Or can we order them to match our paint?

Thanks.

Vince.

13. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Oct 10 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]330570[/snapback]</div>

They come in pretty much every color available on the Prius. Some of the discontinued colors may not be available, but you caould always get unpainted and have someone match them.

14. Shane

Shane New Member

Thanks DocVijay. The mirrors look very nice. If only I had $400 to spend on them right now. BTW, is the amber color the same as the rest of the turn signals? In the picture, they seem to be less orange. Also, can you see the signals from inside while driving... does the signal wrap around the housing like on VWs?

15. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shane @ Oct 10 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]330576[/snapback]</div>
    They are actually much closer in color than it seems. I think I caught the flashers just as they were lighting up, and as the LEDs flash faster, the bulbs weren't at full brightness.

THey do wrap around, but you can only see the flash on the driver's side, and then only if lean over.

16. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

So has anyone thought about what this socket is for? It seems very odd to have this there unless it's a motor. I may have to fiddle with it later and apply 12V to it to see if it folds...

Then all I need to do is wire up a switch!

Anyway, everyone take a look and see what you think.

It's the part on the bottom, towards the right side. The small hole near the top has a little socket with two leads. The stock fixture just has a spring in it, but the new one is much larger and is a sealed piece. It's much heavier too. I wasn't quite ready to open it up to see what's inside.

[​IMG]

17. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well for those interested I ordered a set of the signal mirrors from the E-Bay seller, his name is Tommy Leung, and he can be reached at [email protected]. I will let you all know what the kit looks like when it arrives. I truly hope they are the same thing Sigma is selling.

I had to order them in just primer since they no longer offer the Tideland Pearl color. Fortunately my brother works at a body shop and will paint them to match for me.

18. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    keep us informed of the ship date and recieve date, i assume you ordered them today? Also how much did you pay for them ?

19. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

I sent them an email about shipping times.

Their respopnse:

Response from optionamber
    optionamber( 0)
    Positive feedback: 0%
    Registered on: www.ebay.com.hk

Item: Prius LED Signal Lights Side Mirror Cover With Paint (260039547581)
    This message was sent while the listing was active.
    optionamber is the seller.

We use EMS courier services, it take arround 4-5 working days

Thats pretty good from Hong Kong, no??

So, cairo, you should have them by Monday. Let us know.
    Thanks!

20. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 10 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]330930[/snapback]</div>
    Wonder if that's the connection for the 'self-folding' feature that retracts them when you put the car in park :) That would be cool. I know it's available.

I want it all, heated, turn indicators, and self-folding. Very handy in the city on narrow streets.