1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Signal Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Shane, Sep 28, 2006.

1. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I got a tracking number and mine are on the way too. As soon as they arrive, they will go to the body shop and get painted and installed that weekend. I will let you all know if that kit is sufficient to add the turn signal lights, which is really all I want.

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 13 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]332251[/snapback]</div>
    It is nice to know that more than one will have there side blinker mod soon and from the same source, it seems that the Ebay seller is a responsible person and keep us updated. Our final judgment on the product, about finish and fitment will be only after it arrives.
    All of you guys bought the accessory through his Ebay store and paid Paypal? I was a little scared, he has NO feedback ;)

3. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Oct 13 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]332293[/snapback]</div>
    Thats what I was wondering...how are you guys paying via PayPal? Are you bidding on the auction and then paying? Or are you ordering straight and not going through the auction??
    I want to order some black ones but their website just has an option to ask for information.

4. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Oct 13 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]332293[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered directly from his website that naterprius provided. See my earlier post (#20). I verified he had my color (3R3) and what the price would be. He is set up for Paypal, and you just put in the comments what you are ordering.

I don't expect to get all the parts that DocVijay got from Sigma but I noticed that the Sigma site only mentions getting the "mirror housings + integrated LED signal lamps". As long as everything fits together I will be a happy camper. naterprius, who did you order from and what all did you get? Also any info you can provide on install would be helpful too.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not sure what Sigma provides that the Honk Kong supplier does not. All I want is the turn signal mirror feature so all I really need is the wiring harness portion and the replacement mirror backs, right?

What does Sigma provide in addition to that?

And, yes, I contacted the seller directly through his own site and the pay pal was the conduit for payment and I used my Visa card in the event the product is not as represented. Although the seller thus far seems totally legit. As soon as the good arrived I will let everyone know. Cairo94507

6. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

I just sent an inquiry via their website as well as a question via Ebay. I guess now I just wait. Do they send an invoice as something to reference for the paypal payment??

7. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What I did was e-mail them directly and obtain the shipped price to me and their Pay Pal account name. I then went to Pay Pal and clicked the send money tab and entered their Pay Pal account name and entered the amount and note re exactly what I wanted, reminding them I had just received their e-mail.

That was all there was to it. I then got a confirmation e-mail from Pay Pal and them re my order and receipt of funds. Printed that and put it in my Prius file until the parts arrive. Now I just wait anxiously for my parts.
    PS Inthewind- If that is your cat, he/she is very cute.

8. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 13 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]332587[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe I just overlooked the email address. I guess I can wait a day or two and see what comes of the inquiry I sent via their website.
    Thanks!
    And yes, thats our cat. She's a hairless Sphynx and quite a character!

9. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The e-mail address for them is [email protected]
    His nbame is Tommy Leung. Good luck.

10. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 14 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]332680[/snapback]</div>
    Inthewind I received email answers few hours apart, remember they are about 12hs ahead of us.
    Cairo94507, Tommy Leung charge you the same for your unpainted shells or the $120 Ebay price?
    Also, if these accesories fit and look right, somebody can start a grup buy at a lower cost...only my 2cents ;)

11. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I had speedracer order them at his local Toyota dealership.

As far as the shimming goes, I'm the guy that mentioned that. Shimming isn't required; but it can change the way the mirrors mount (if you want!) The shim I used is not a hack; it goes in clean.

Doc, is the angle the exact same on the left as on the right? My right mirror angles back more than my left mirror (Slightly). Are yours like this? Look carefully...

Nate

12. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I was working in the driveway of the store installing the frigging Engine Block Heater and Surprise !!!
    Well, well, well. I RECEIVED the side mirror with LED lights 15 minutes ago, thanks to my mail carrier!!
    First thing I did was to check for the color matching and in my Millennium Silver is a perfect match!
    I took these pictures to tell everyone that this transaction from Hong Kong is a real deal.
    Later I will get busy replacing the cases and connecting the two wires to make them light up.[​IMG]

I'm so excited!!!!!
    :D :D :D

13. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Okay, so these are different from the genuine Toyota ones. The look like they are easier to install. I'll have to see how they look once they are on!

Nate

14. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Oct 14 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]332734[/snapback]</div>
    OK, I give, how are these any different than the Toyota ones? Inquiring minds wish to know! Thanks, Cairo94507.

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Sep 29 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]325591[/snapback]</div>
    Where did cario order his from?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to have all this neat stuff too but alas I too have been cursed by the garden money gnomes..

Shoot if we had DocVijay- "The mod gods money" we could could all burn ours and use his .. ;) :lol: :lol:

16. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 14 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]332755[/snapback]</div>
    From the picture it looks like these just replace the body colored plastic shell on the back of the mirror. This should work just fine. The Toyota ones are a complete assembly, from the pillar out. The only things reused are the mirror and motor. For this one, you reuse everything, and only replace the plastic cover.

Nate: I can't check right now, as the wife took the Prius this morning to go to work. I'll take a look when she gets home tonight.

17. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Oct 14 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]332760[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered mine from [email protected]; just like some others have. Mine have not arrived yet, but I do have a tracking number. And, since I do not need to replace the entire mirror, this works fine for me. I do understand that DocVijay had a little mishap that necessitated mirror replacement apparently. I see no reason though why we shouls all be paying $400 just to add the turn signal option to our little cars. I figure installed I will be into mine for about $175 because I have to have them painted Tideland Pearl since that color is not availabke anymore. That's a far cry from $400. :)

18. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 14 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]332797[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, this would not have worked for me. I broke the mirror and the black plastic frame, so I needed to replace the whole thing. Even if I had orderd this kit, I would still have to spen $250 for the black frame and parts and then $60 for the mirror. It would have ended up costing more.

19. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Oct 14 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]332725[/snapback]</div>
    How are the instructions? Are the in Japanese? Also, the picture didn't show the wire harness. Does it appear to be complete?

20. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got my mirror backs, wiring harness and instructions. They will go to the body shop Monday, they came in primer to make it easier for me to have them painted. They look fine and they are thicker than factory mirror by 1/4" approximately to accomodate the LED light assembly and wiring. They seems to be a very easy swap out as far as the actual mirror replacement goes. I am sure it will take 2 hours to do the wiring. I will definitelty download DocVijay's instructions/pictures to do it. I anticipate doing that next weekend! Then I will have to have the clear bra installer cover them immediately so they stay looking real nice like my mirros with 41K on them do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Oct 14 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]332868[/snapback]</div>
    OH, and here is what you get and also the new mirror backs next to the original equipment.

Attached Files: